27 days ago
Working on a large rail infrastructure scheme, a great opportunity for an H&S Generalist has arisen in London to improve the health & safety performance across the project.As an integral part of the health & Safety team you'll be expected to promote improvements in health and safety management and performance, working closely with project teams to ensure integration of the Target Zero culture.
- Work with contractors to enable them to understand and deliver their commitments under the contract with regards to health and safety standards.
- Critically review Contractor and designer health and safety related submissions to ensure they meet client and legal requirements (e.g. Construction Phase Plans including designers and High-Risk construction risk assessments and associated method statements etc.).
- Lead and assist in regular documented monitoring activities including on-site surveillance, process audits and project assessments and other assurance activities.
- Advise Delivery Teams on health and safety matters and assist them to discharge their duties.
- Assist with the sharing of best practice, positive safety performance and learning from incidents, including the development and roll out of health and safety campaigns e.g. stepping up week.
- Lead and assist in the development and delivery of Target Zero.
- Produce required reports (including data analysis) and assist Principal Contractors to do similar.
- Assist the Principal Contractor's investigations into incidents as required.
- Assist in the health and safety aspects of Procurement including development of documentation and evaluation of tender submissions.
- Assist with the production of health & safety documentation required for completion and handover including the Health and Safety File, training materials and O&M Manuals.
- Experience in rail & construction health and safety management.
- Ability to oversee Health and Safety aspects of Construction including Testing & Commissioning.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate/General Cert with Construction experience would be desirable qualifications.
- Experience of incident investigation.
- Experience of working with M&E during energisation and bringing into use operational infrastructure assets (desirable).
- Experience of developing, managing and delivering health and safety initiatives.
- Experience of communicating health and safety information.
- Experience of undertaking assurance activities.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as contribute to and support the larger Health and Safety Team.
- Knowledge of CDM requirements.
- Ability to work closely with the Client and Principal Contractor Project Team.