£350 - £400 per day + Inside IR35
7 months ago
Working on the Crossrail project we're currently looking for 2 x H&S Generalists on a contract basis, one of the main tasks will be to improve health & safety performance as it transitions into ROGS and revenue service. Forming part of the SHE Operations team and working closely with project teams and Infrastructure Managers to ensure integration of Target Zero culture into daily work programmes on project sites and to promote various safety improvements and initiatives.
- Work with the team to enable them to understand and deliver their commitments under ROGS with regard to health and safety standards.
- Critically review the operations team's health and safety related submissions to ensure they meet RfLi and ROGS requirements.
- Lead and assist in regular documented monitoring activities including on-site surveillance, process audits and project assessments and other assurance activities.
- Advise operation's team on health and safety matters and assist them to discharge their duties.
- Assist with the sharing of best practice, positive safety performance and learning from incidents, including the development and roll out of health and safety campaigns e.g. stepping up week.
- Lead and assist operation's team in the development and delivery of Target Zero.
- Produce required reports (including data analysis) and assist Infrastructure Managers to do similar.
- Assist the operation's team with investigations into incidents as required.
- Assist in the health and safety aspects of Procurement including development of documentation and evaluation of tender submissions.
- Assist with the production of health & safety documentation required for an operational railway including the Health and Safety File, training materials and O&M Manuals.
- Experience in a ROGS health and safety management.
- Ability to oversee Health and Safety aspects of ROGS including Testing & Commissioning.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate/General Cert with Construction experience would be desirable qualifications.
- Experience of incident investigation.
- Experience of developing, managing and delivering health and safety initiatives.
- Experience of communicating health and safety information.
- Experience of undertaking assurance activities.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as contribute to and support the larger Health and Safety Team.
- Ability to work closely with the Crossrail Delivery and Elizabeth Line operation's teams.