Greater London, England
about 1 year ago
Heat Transfer Engineer (with HTRI Experience)
Duration: 18 months+ London Based
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, material requisition, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinates Engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Reviews bid analyses and makes technical recommendations.
- Reviews vendor drawings, calculations and other documentation.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Must be proficient with HTRI program to design/rate shell and tube heat exchangers and air coolers. Should be able to independently perform thermal and mechanical design, Specify, evaluate bids and review vendor drawings for shell and tube exchangers, air coolers, plate type exchangers, electric heaters and hairpin exchangers. Be able to participate in model reviews and equipment walkdown at vendor's shop. Coordinate with other disciplines, vendor and client to resolve comments resulting from model reviews and equipment walkdowns
- Thorough knowledge of ASME codes, TEMA and API standards.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures,
- Broad knowledge of the application of Engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Understanding of Engineering planning and control methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Applicant must have BSME/BSChE, PE preferred.
- Heat Transfer experience in Oil and Gas industry. Petrochemical experience is a plus.