City of London, London
£39000 - £49000.00 per annum + benefits
about 2 years ago
Land Assembly Manager
As a Land Assembly Manager at HS2 you will manage land assembly operations across the contract area to ensure consistency of process and outputs necessary to enable entry to land in accordance with the construction programme through the implementation of compulsory purchase powers or by agreement.
Under the powers of the High Speed Rail Act (London - West Midlands) Act 2017, and the proposed Hybrid Bills for Phase 2 of the high speed rail scheme, HS2 is to enable entry to, possession of and/or acquisition of all necessary interests in land by agreement or through compulsory purchase, in accordance with the land programme agreed between Land & Property and Phase One/Two Construction.
About the role:
- Responsible for managing the implementation of Act powers to enable entry to, possession of and/or acquisition of land in accordance with an agreed construction programme to avoid any delays to commencement of construction and associated costs
- Manage the quality of Phase One (and Two) Professional Services Contractor (PSC) data and plan submissions, identify areas requiring improvement and work with the PSC to implement performance improvement; provision of monthly KPI measurements on PSC performance
- Coordinate regular Final Land Acquisition Boundary (FLAB) workshops and actively seek input from the Area team, Enabling Works Contractors/Main Work Construction Contractor/Utilities leads, Acquisitions, Legal and the Independent Land Advisor (ILA)
- Prepare documentation for Department for Transport approval of all CPO notices (GVD and Notice to Treat), including signing and sealing of plans and orders for each work package area in turn
- Maintain a register of all notices prepared and served for the contract area
- Ensure any undertakings and assurances or relevant commitments relating to notice of entry or compulsory purchase are complied with for the contract area
- Manage notice preparation using IT workflow based systems, supported by manual processes where necessary to address non-standard requirements or late interests in land
- Working closely with the DfT's ILA and Legal, secure approval for service of notices in accordance with the established governance processes.
- Knowledge of land referencing, assembly, registration and titles management including requirements for infrastructure schemes underpinned by differing legislative procedures (e.g. Hybrid Bill, Transport & Works Act Order, Development Consent Order, Compulsory Purchase Order)
- Understanding and experience of land assembly activities and compulsory purchase including established industry practices
- Understanding of land powers contained in differing legislative procedures underpinning infrastructure schemes (e.g. Hybrid Bill, Transport & Works Act Order, Development Consent Order, Compulsory Purchase Order)
- Experience of land referencing and assembly
- Experience of compiling and analysing data using Excel (or equivalent), GIS and database reporting tools
- Data management skills, including analysis and assurance of referencing data and spatial information
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.