over 1 year ago
There is a requirement for a NEC Senior Project Manager to come work for a major engineering industry player on a Permanent-basis in Cambridge working within the Infrastructure Sector delivering key projects.
- Responsible for administration of infrastructure projects, mostly using NEC form of contract.
- Leading project teams in the delivery of client requirements from inception to completion
- Setting up and delivery of best practice PM systems and controls
- Work on their own initiative, with minimal supervision
- Leading service delivery with existing key clients, maintaining and strengthening the client relationships, using opportunities to cross-sell
- Gain the confidence of the client and become the focal point for communication
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner, meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients forming a strong working relationship in true partnership
- To ensure consistency of service delivery and to identify opportunities for developing both the quality and profitability of the service
- To ensure that control procedures are in place and adhered to in all areas of the business
- To assist in the production of management information required by the company and to take responsibility for the accuracy of said information
- Assist in providing best practice and continuous improvement within delivery teams
Skills & Experience Required:
- Good level Project Management experience within infrastructure environment preferably Chartered status.
- Strong track record in Project Management and Contract Administration
- High level of knowledge and proven experience of managing infrastructure related to residential or retail park developments including Roads, Sewage, public open space etc.
- Knowledge of fundamental PM systems and procedures in the construction industry
- A forward-thinking approach to the management of clients and projects
- Experience and working knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- Recognised Degree in a related discipline
- Professional Qualified i.e. Chartered Engineer