East London, London
about 2 years ago
There is a requirement for a Senior Project Engineer (Electrical) to come to work on a project at London City airport on a contract-basis.
London City Airport (LCY) is an international airport located in the Royal Docks in the London Borough of Newham, 11km east of the City of London. LCY has a single 1,500 metre (4,900ft) runway, and a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Public Use Aerodrome Licence that allows flights for the public transport of passengers or for flight training.
LCY currently operates within the terms of a July 2009 planning permission (ref 07/01510/VAR) which enables it to operate up to 120,000 aircraft movements per annum. LCY is scheduled to carry out a circa £350 million development to expand its capacity to 111,000 flights per year (81,000 in 2016) thereby increasing annual passenger numbers from 4.5 million to 6.5 million by 2025.
- Assigned to a subcontracted designer and be responsible for the supervision of the engineering (M&E) activity on a project, or designated scope of a project. Plans, directs and monitors engineering packages or parts of on the project. Has technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these packages.
- The PE will report to the Engineering Manager as a direct report and also have a reporting line to the Project Managers for associated packages of work. The PE will be responsible for facilitating the execution of the subcontract, processing RFIs, coordinating between interfacing subcontracts / Project Engineers, reporting progress and liaison with stakeholders.
- Establishes or assists in establishing the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule.
- Ensure the development of, and the maintenance of, quality-assured processes and procedures, co-ordinated with other design groups and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure preparation of the full engineering data package and participate in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed.
- Develop and monitor a verification check on the quality and consistency of "end product" packages to be taken forward.
- Undertake reviews of progress and compliance. Approves design documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
- Ensures that Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented, and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality Assurance requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional (Chartered) engineering registration, or working towards it.
- Technical knowledge of Railway systems, engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering computer applications.
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved and current knowledge of new methods of design and construction.
- Proficient knowledge on planning, application and coordination of 2-D and/or 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design processes including BIM Level 2knowledge on a project and PAS1192/BS1192.
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the discipline.