Gatwick, West Sussex
Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
There is a requirement for a Project Planner to join the Gatwick Pier 6 Project in West Sussex on a contract-basis.
- To develop project or integration programme plans / schedules on behalf of programme and project managers in order to meet overall requirements of the client / business on the Gatwick Pier 6 project
- To interact and become a key member of the project delivery team providing a quality service to support the effective delivery of the project.
- To interact and support the effective information sharing / collection with all the project stakeholders in an appropriate manner.
- Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which is capable of delivering the project objectives and providing effective project performance measurement and reporting.
- To develop the appropriate quality plan / schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes.
- Monitor and progress the plan / schedule and make changes as required. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives as necessary.
- Input the planning issues into the project's critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly.
- Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key milestone and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions to correct the position.
- Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor's planning processes so that they comply with Planning procedure requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Right to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Qualified planning professional, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management relating to large, complex projects
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications.
- Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications (e.g., PCWorks, Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
- Proven skills in producing/reviewing programmes and conducting self quality assessments in P6 (Primavera Project Planner P6 Version)
- Advanced skills in terms of engineering progress/performance reports, earned value management/ quantity unit rate reports and progress of works reporting
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management , preferably with knowledge of building works planning in aviation industry (Daily reporting, schedule tracking. Quantitative schedule risk analysis)
- Membership of a relevant professional body and six sigma yellow belt preferable