Gatwick, West Sussex
Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
There is a requirement for a Senior Cost Engineer on the Gatwick developments on a contract-basis.
- Performs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises cost engineering activities when delegated.
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Assists in preparing cost data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs.
- Performs quantity takeoffs for a discipline or specialty using defined documents or undefined scope assumptions. Develops, or assists in the development of, quantity assumptions. Verifies quantities provided by others.
- Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition, and collects required data for a specific discipline or other specialty applications.
- Assists in developing unit hour and pricing data for a specific discipline or other specialty, including estimating parameters, factors, indices, productivity and craft distribution reference data, etc., based on analysis of Bechtel and industry experience. Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
- Develops and applies unit rates (cost and jobhours) to quantity takeoffs and to otherwise developed quantities within a discipline or other specialty.
- Prepares specific budgets in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
- Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and computer operations, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports. Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
- Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems and controller account codes, and an understanding of Controller instructions, which impact Project Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned Revenue Determination Data).
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.