8 months ago
Purpose of the Job
To support our client in managing the interface between the delivery team and the LU (and LO/NR where applicable) teams within a specific defined geographic location; including access, operational, infrastructure protection, engineering and implementation functions.
- Championing compliance with the LU Interface Management Plan; LU Infrastructure Protection Plan and any other Interface procedures agreed between CRL and LU
- Developing, agreeing and maintaining the LU Interface Scope Schedule, including allocation of work packages to either CRL or LU
- Advising on Works Package Plans (including production and agreement of User Requirement Specification) in respect of each Works Package for:
- Expediting submittal and close out of work package plan deliverables
- Assisting with the Development, maintenance & agreement of the schedule to deliver the Interface Works
- Resolving interface problems and driving forward the timely escalation of matters unresolved through relevant Working Groups
- Supporting the accountable project manager in the role of client where LU / others carry out work on behalf of CRL.
- Supporting the identification, review and ongoing management of interrelated risks
- Escalating any conflict between proposed works and safety related standards
- Reviewing closures and possessions plans and submitting agreed closure / possession requests in a timely manner
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with the main Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
Main challenges of the job
- Developing strong relationships between the delivery team and LU
- Maintaining rigorous compliance with the relevant processes and procedures
- Dealing with CRL's impact on LU/others' operational railway.
- An ability to identify priorities; the drive to get things done; and the personality to work effectively as the interface between CRL project managers and third parties.
- Knowledge of third-party environment and relevant processes and procedures
- Relevant project management / engineering / construction experience to support effective management of interface issues