Up to £0.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To enable the principle contractor to deliver works required to support the principle contractors works during rail construction windows. This includes works within the rail environment as well as works that could affect rail systems.
- Ensuring excellent level of health and safety performance through taking care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the delivery of this role.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor compliance with health, safety and environmental, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Overseeing and enabling the planning and execution of works during rail construction windows, including building, MEP, testing & commissioning and handover activities.
- Participating in the development and interrogation of the principle contractor plans for works during rail construction windows, ensuring that works are meticulously planned and that pre-construction approvals are in place before commencing the works.
- Working with the principle contractor to ensure that resources and materials are planned and effectively deployed during rail construction windows.
- Monitoring and driving performance during rail construction windows.
- Liaising with the principle contractor to identify opportunities and areas of improvement.
- Ensuring effectiveness of and being engaged in obtaining access at the start of rail construction windows.
- Ensuring effectiveness of and being engaged in handbacks at the end of rail construction windows.
- Maintaining effective communication between the principle contractor and interfacing systemwide contractors.
- Checking principle contractor shift reports, ensuring that report quality is maintained.
- Review of safe systems of work documentation, monitoring of compliance and seeking intervention where required.
- Keeping the Site Manager informed of site progress, performance, issues and areas of improvement.
- Scrutinising productivity against forecasts, providing reports as required and working with the principle contractor to improve performance.
- Working with the principle contractor, interfacing systemwide contractors and members of the engineering teams to resolve design and quality issues.
- Working with the principle contractor, interfacing systemwide contractors and members of the engineering teams to drive the testing and commissioning programme.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Establishing effective relationships with the principle contractor and interfacing systemwide contractor teams.
- Working with the principle contractor and interfacing systemwide contractors to drive and track the progress of the works against programme.
- Ensuring that works are meticulously planned and executed according to these plans during rail construction windows.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to the Site Manager.
- Works with other members of the Construction Team and Field Assurance Engineers.
- Collaborates closely with principle contractor representatives.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with systemwide contractor teams.
- Experience of managing the building, MEP, testing and commissioning of major infrastructure projects of comparable complexity and value.
- Experience planning and executing works during rail construction windows.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills.
- An ability to identify priorities; the drive to get things done; and the personality to work effectively at all levels.
- Relevant project management / engineering / construction experience to support effective management of interface issues.
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM regulations.