£60 - £65 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Software Controls Lead
As a Software Controls Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Controls Software component of an HVDC system and will report to the Software Delivery Manager within the Controls Software Function (Delivery team for the HVDC).
You will manage an Agile (Scrum) team of Engineers comprising Software Developers, Software Validation & Systems Engineers. You will be responsible for liaising with the Project Manager in order to ensure that your software controls team is on plan to deliver the necessary software components of an HVDC system required by the project. You will use Jira as the main Software Development management tool and with the team working in a Scrum style manage the backlog of work to be delivered via Sprints according to the overall project schedule. You will also have to report on your progress on a weekly basis and contribute to our wider team's continuous improvement initiatives in order to improve the overall Project Delivery process.
The role will suit a confident people leader with good clear communication skills and people skills. Some demonstrable experience of Project Management is essential as is knowledge of Agile / Scrum principles. Jira usage is also a must here but good experience with similar tools would be acceptable since concepts would be similar. Good I.T skills are also required for production of Powerpoints and Excel reports. Experience in HVDC or Power systems would be a real advantage but similar experience in large scale control systems would be advantageous. The software is a mixture of Matlab and C and whilst neither is required for this position, some knowledge about them would be helpful in understanding what is required from the development and testing of that software.
- Creating the software plan to ensure on-time delivery of software according to the project milestones.
- Run daily stand up meetings in line with the Scrum methodology and ensures that resources are fully engaged on the project
- Arrange and participate in other meetings as required
- Ensure that resource requirements are raised and managed effectively
- Ensure that the project understands and tracks against its budget
- Create and present clear project reports according to the standards that have been defined
- Manage project risk and mitigation plans as required
- Work with the Project Management team to ensure that schedule integrity is maintained
- Demonstrates process conformance and quality assurance throughout the software development lifecycle
- Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives