Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
about 1 year ago
Purpose of the Job
To oversee that all stations, shafts and portals sector NEC contracts entered into are administered in accordance with the terms of those contracts and in a manner that is consistent with policy and governance arrangements.
To manage project reserved functions under the NEC contracts. Ensure as far as possible that commercial risk is properly considered and managed by through its contract arrangements.
To provide commercial/contractual support and advice to station Project Managers and Teams.
To manage cost forecasts for all NEC contracts.
- To establish and maintain Contract Administration Policy.
- Maintain the project Contract Administration Manual to ensure compliance and consistency with policy and governance arrangements.
- Provide advice, support and guidance to the Delivery Director
- Provide leadership and guidance on contract administration matters to Project Mangers, contract level Business/commercial Managers and Contract Administrators.
- Ensure that the station project teams are managing contracts in accordance with CRL policies, precedent and procedure.
- Manage the central commercial team and act as Employer's representative for commercial issues.
- Act as the internal point of contact for the management of contract Disputes.
- Provide the project and the Head of Commercial with support in the performance and risk management of individual contracts and project teams.
- Secure timely cost forecasts from projects and report variances to overall forecast.
- Set suitable KPIs for contract monitoring.
Main challenges of the job
- Maintaining the integrity of approach to Contract Administration for the NEC contracts as defined in policies and as required by the contract conditions.
- Keeping the project suitably informed of their obligations and ensuring that these are carried out in a timely manner.
- Evaluating the circumstances of Disputes and advising the project on options and courses of action.
- Balancing the demands of the schedule fwith the requirement to obtain the best value for money.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- The role requires the management of a small, expert, team of contract commercial managers together with functional commercial teams within the projects.
- Key interfaces include:
- Head of Commercial
- Project Managers and delegates, contract level Business/Commercial Managers and Contract Administrators
- legal team on matters of precedent, contract interpretation and Dispute management.
- Contract reporting information from Programme Controls.
- Regular input and reports to CRL executive management teams.
- Contractors in particular on matters in Dispute and contract amendments.
- Expert external advisors.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution e.g. RICS, ICE, CIOB.
- Substantial experience of Contract Commercial Management within the civil engineering and/or rail environment.
- Experience of large value programmes of civil engineering or rail work.
- Experience of managing and negotiating complex contract claims and Disputes.
- Understanding and a working knowledge of standard construction and infrastructure industry contract types with NEC/ECC experience advantageous.
- Experience of the management of commercial teams.
- Excellent communication skills.