11 months ago
As soon as possible
Our client is a leading global law firm with a long established history and clear strategy for future growth. They are fully commited to providing exceptional standards of service, and as such, have become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Currently looking to hire a B&F Associate for their Finance team based in Hong Kong. Their derivatives team sits under the Global Markets practice, covering a full spectrum in the derivatives area, encompassing all classes of over-the-counter derivatives, repos, securities lending, repackaging, credit-linked notes and structured products.
The firm is looking to make a long term investment in a strong mid-level lawyer who is similarly looking to make a long term career commitment.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Drafting and reviewing of legal documents;
- Advising clients and preparing formal legal opinions;
- Negotiating with counter parties;
- Matter completion and post-closing work;
- Providing structured supervision and on-the-job training to juniors;
- Participating in business development and networking activities; and
- Contributing to department know-how.
- Legal qualification in Hong Kong and/or England and Wales;
- 2-4 years of post-qualification experience in derivatives gained within a reputable international law firm;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; fluency in Chinese is desirable but not a must;
- Superior drafting ability;
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively;
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills;
- An enthusiastic team player who can provide leadership and mentoring to juniors whilst also work independently; and
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service, and a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships.