4 months ago
Job ID: 93154 Job Title: Corporate Associate 1-4PQE (Private Equity) Location: London
About Our Client
Top ranking US International Law Firm with a global footprint and recognition as being one of the elite law firms and market leaders worldwide.
Their corporate PE team advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies at all stages of the downstream investment cycle, including; leverage buyouts, co-investments, management incentive plans, financings and refinancing, bolt-on investments, management change, recaps, corporate restructurings and exits.
They also support a portfolio of companies on legal issues that typically arise under private equity ownership and leveraged structures, with a particular focus on matters impacting the capital structure (including repatriation of equity from good / bad leavers and the issue of reserved equity to new joiners).
Skills and Capabilities required:
- 1-4 year PQE with a top tier law firm and a first-class academic record is essential.
- Private Equity practice in the London market or experience in a similar common law jurisdiction (although those with less or more relevant experience will be considered on their merits).
- Trained and been retained at a top tier private equity practice in London and had exposure to the private equity team during their training contract.
- Experience of NDAs, engagement letters, disclosure letters, diligence reports and ancillary documents is expected.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Possess the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging work load within a fast paced and friendly environment
- Work effectively with colleagues and counsel qualified in other jurisdictions
- Taking instructions internally or externally.
- Ability to leverage IT tools and resources to further the exchange of high-quality know how
- Highly competitive benefits package. As of 2021, the package includes:
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Technology allowance
- 22 days holiday and 3 personal days
- Enhanced Family leave
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Gym allowance
Training and Development
- Sophisticated training programme that includes both in-house and external seminars and training sessions.
- Provide "on-the-job" training and constructive "real-time" partner feedback.
- Formal training programme, which includes:
- Regular private equity team meetings
- Regular corporate know-how meetings.
- Weekly and monthly training seminars and workshops
- Live video-links to seminars presented across their network of offices.