4 months ago
As soon as possible
About Our Client
Top ranking US International Law Firm with a global footprint and recognition as being one of the elite law firms and market leaders worldwide. They are recipients of numerous awards/accolades, including: leading law firm for private equity by IFLR1000, top tier for leveraged buyouts and private equity law and Best Lawyers Best Law Firms. Their lawyers' are repeatedly listed as Leading Lawyers for private equity by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Chambers Europe and Chambers UK.
Their corporate PE team advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies at all stages of the downstream investment cycle, including; leverage buyouts, co-investments, management incentive plans, financings and refinancing, bolt-on investments, management change, recaps, corporate restructurings and exits.
They also support a portfolio of companies on legal issues that typically arise under private equity ownership and leveraged structures, with a particular focus on matters impacting the capital structure (including repatriation of equity from good / bad leavers and the issue of reserved equity to new joiners).
Skills and Capabilities required:
- 1-2 year PQE with a top tier law firm and a
- Relevant post qualification experience in the London market or experience in a similar common law jurisdiction (although those with less or more relevant experience will be considered on their merits).
- Solid private equity experience and will have had exposure to the private equity team during their training contract. Experience of NDAs, engagement letters, disclosure letters, diligence reports and ancillary documents is expected. In addition, the role will have a particular focus on bolt-on M&A, the sale of companies owned by private equity sponsors at the end of the relevant sponsor's holding period (including auction sales, vendor due diligence and transaction documents), implementing management incentive plans in Europe and elsewhere and coordinating leaver/joiner processes.
- Flexible and personable, and will enjoy building relationships with client teams at both financial sponsors and the portfolio companies they own.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative. You must also possess the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging work load within a fast paced and friendly environment.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Work effectively with colleagues and counsel qualified in other jurisdictions
- First-class academic record is essential
- Highly competitive benefits package. As of 2021, the package includes:
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Technology allowance
- 22 days holiday and 3 personal days
- Enhanced Family leave
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Gym allowance
Training and Development
- Sophisticated training programme that includes both in-house and external seminars and training sessions.
- Provide "on-the-job" training and constructive "real-time" partner feedback.
- Formal training programme, which includes:
- Regular private equity team meetings
- Regular corporate know-how meetings.
- Weekly and monthly training seminars and workshops
- Live video-links to seminars presented across their network of offices