Legal - Senior Associate 6+PQE (Private Equity) - London
about 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Job ID: 93155 Job Title: Senior Corporate Associate 6+PQE (Private Equity) Location: London
About Our Client
Top ranking US International Law Firm with a global footprint and recognition as being one of the elite law firms and market leaders worldwide. They are recipients of numerous awards/accolades, including: leading law firm for private equity by IFLR1000, top tier for leveraged buyouts and private equity law and Best Lawyers Best Law Firms. Their lawyers' are repeatedly listed as Leading Lawyers for private equity by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Chambers Europe and Chambers UK.
Their corporate PE team advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies at all stages of the downstream investment cycle, including; leverage buyouts, co-investments, management incentive plans, financings and refinancing, bolt-on investments, management change, recaps, corporate restructurings and exits.
They also support a portfolio of companies on legal issues that typically arise under private equity ownership and leveraged structures, with a particular focus on matters impacting the capital structure (including repatriation of equity from good / bad leavers and the issue of reserved equity to new joiners).
Skills and Capabilities required:
- 6+ year PQE with a top tier law firm and a first-class academic record is essential.
- Solid Private Equity experience, including some or all of drafting and negotiating locked box and completion accounts SPAs (although it is appreciated that experience of the former may be stronger given market conditions in recent years), management incentive documents (including leaver terms) and shareholders' agreements, alongside supervising junior colleagues on NDAs, engagement letters, disclosure letters, diligence reports and other ancillary documents.
- Will have some experience of the structuring of private equity transactions and reviewing and commenting on funds flows. This role is well suited for a candidate who has had broad experience of Private Equity transactions and is ready to take the next step in their career into leading deals in a pro-active way, reporting directly to partners and counsel in the team and communicating with clients, while leading on the drafting of sophisticated documentation and supervising more junior colleagues on other areas of the typical private equity process.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative. You must also possess the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging work load within a fast paced and friendly environment.
- A desire to get involved in marketing, knowhow and pro-bono initiatives is also required.
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Possess the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging work load within a fast paced and friendly environment
- Work effectively with colleagues and counsel qualified in other jurisdictions
- Highly competitive benefits package. As of 2021, the package includes:
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Technology allowance
- 22 days holiday and 3 personal days
- Enhanced Family leave
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Gym allowance
Training and Development
- Sophisticated training programme that includes both in-house and external seminars and training sessions.
- Provide "on-the-job" training and constructive "real-time" partner feedback.
- Formal training programme, which includes:
- Regular private equity team meetings
- Regular corporate know-how meetings.
- Weekly and monthly training seminars and workshops
- Live video-links to seminars presented across their network of offices