Legal - US Capital Markets Associate 5+PQE - London
over 1 year ago
As soon as possible
Liquid error: internal
Job ID: 93159 Job Title: US Capital Markets Associate 5+PQE Location: London
About Our Client
Top ranking US International Law Firm with a global footprint and recognition as being one of the elite law firms and market leaders worldwide. Their Capital Markets team is consistently recognised as one of the top advisers on capital markets transactions and has acted on some of the largest and most complex offerings worldwide. Considered to be one of a few major law firms in London offering a truly integrated trans-Atlantic team capable of advising on complex NYSE and NASDAQ public offerings, including European listings with Rule 144A/Regulation S components. The strength of their US practice operating out of London, alongside their English, French and German practices, has meant that they have undertaken some of the highest-profile listings to date.
The team operates as a single fully integrated team of English and US lawyers, working hand in hand with the English qualified associates in the London office. The capital markets associates work on a mix of equity capital markets (ECM), high yield and debt capital markets (DCM) transactions, and in very close cooperation with the M&A team.
Skills and Capabilities required:
US qualified Capital Markets Associate with 5 years' + PQE at a top tier law firm
- Relevant post qualification experience in the London market or experience in a similar common law jurisdiction (although those with less or more relevant experience will be considered on their merits).
- Excellent experience in managing client relationships and the ability to assist clients on day to day issues.
- Significant experience advising Foreign Private Issuers, listings on the NYSE and NASDAQ, and other US registered transactions.
- A proven background working on Rule 144A issuance, as well as high yield products.
- Demonstrate the ability to service their increasing number of FPI clients, as well as to work on PIPEs and SEC registration processes in connection with de-SPAC transactions.
- Enthusiasm and an ability to work to demanding timetables for very demanding and clever clients
- Strong client skills and an enthusiasm to develop client relationships and new business opportunities
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative. You must also possess the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging work load within a fast paced and friendly environment.
- First-class academic record is essential
- Highly competitive benefits package. As of 2021, the package includes:
- Discretionary year-end bonus
- Technology allowance
- 22 days holiday and 3 personal days
- Enhanced Family leave
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Gym allowance
Training and Development
- Sophisticated training programme that includes both in-house and external seminars and training sessions.
- Provide "on-the-job" training and constructive "real-time" partner feedback.
- Formal training programme, which includes:
- Regular private equity team meetings
- Regular corporate know-how meetings.
- Weekly and monthly training seminars and workshops
- Live video-links to seminars presented across their network of offices