Legal - US Corporate M&A Associate 3-5PQE - London
over 1 year ago
As soon as possible
Liquid error: internal
Job ID: 93161 Job Title: US Corporate M&A Associate 3-5PQE Location: London
About Our Client
Top ranking US International Law Firm with a global footprint and recognition as being one of the elite law firms and market leaders worldwide. Their Corporate M&A practice remains one of the best known and respected practices in the world and are arguably one of the top firms advising on high-profile corporate deals. The team is consistently ranked as a leading M&A practice in London for complex and cross-border transactions, regularly acting opposite to Magic Circle and other leading US-headquartered law firms in the London market. Virtually all of the transactions their lawyers advise on are cross-border in nature, involving high levels of complexity, different industries and which are often first-of-their-kind. Their clients include a broad array of leading private and public companies, private equity firms, special committees and management teams, government entities, and other institutions and individuals. This is an exciting time to join an expanding team at a leading M&A practice in London.
The London Corporate group predominantly handles M&A, so you should be versatile and be expected to undertake a broad range of corporate transactions within their practice of public and private M&A, joint ventures as well as advising on corporate governance matters. As a member of the US M&A team you will have the added advantage of working with and alongside their UK and European colleagues.
Skills and Capabilities required:
- US Qualified Associate with 3-5PQE working with a peer law firm
- Ideally with relevant experience working in the London market, although experience in a similar common law jurisdiction will be considered based on their merits.
- Excellent experience in managing client relationships and the ability to assist clients on day to day issues.
- Enthusiasm and an ability to work to demanding timetables for very demanding and clever clients
- Strong client skills and an enthusiasm to develop client relationships and new business opportunities
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative. You must also possess the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging work load within a fast paced and friendly environment.
- First-class academic record is essential
Highly competitive benefits package. As of 2021, the package includes:
Discretionary year-end bonus
22 days holiday and 3 personal days
Enhanced Family leave
Private medical insurance
Permanent health insurance
Interest free season ticket loan
Training and Development
Sophisticated training programme that includes both in-house and external seminars and training sessions.
Provide "on-the-job" training and constructive "real-time" partner feedback.
Formal training programme, which includes:
Regular private equity team meetings
Regular corporate know-how meetings.
Weekly and monthly training seminars and workshops
Live video-links to seminars presented across their network of offices