Life Science - CAD Technician - Macclesfield
about 1 year ago
6 Months Renewable Contract
Role Detail Description:
The Digital Engineering CAD Technician will work closely with the Digital Engineering Lead and Engineering & Design Team Leads to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services.
The post holder will:
- Support in the development of the departments Digital Engineering Strategy
- Act as CAD / BIM Technician for several projects which fall under the term contract
- Produce Computer-Aided Design Deliverables
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements
- Liaise with design subcontractors e.g. 3D Site Surveys
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Mentor/train other team members
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient Digital Engineering services to both internal & external customers
- Interface with other departments such as E&I, Technology, Mechanical, BES etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC or Degree in electrical engineering
- Strong experience in UK construction projects
- Experience in M&E design best practices (Focus on E&I)
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Project lifecycle experience
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- Ability to undertake site surveys
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- GMP and pharma experience would be desirable
- Ability to create and use parametric families
- Ability to design and model containment installations
- Ability to design and model building services
- Ability to produce drawing sheets within the Revit environment
- Familiarity with extracting scheduled data from models
- Familiarity with BS1192 standards
- Familiarity with BS EN 19650 parts 1 & 2 standards
- Familiarity with implementing and exporting COBIE Data
- Familiarity with collaborative working processes i.e., central models, worksets etc
- Experience in using / developing project templates.
- Experience of BIM Level 2 processes.
- The ability to create digital models from point cloud scans is desirable
- Ability to use Navisworks for shared model creation and clash detection
- The ability to use Recap Pro for preparing point cloud scans for integration into models would be desirable.
- Familiarity with the use of common data environments is required.
- Any additional experience of using other collaborative software to aid the design & construction process would be desirable.
- Familiarity with other design software platforms i.e. Microstation would be advantageous.