3 months ago
6 Months Renewable Contract
Electrical Engineer – Site Technical Office
Our client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Electrical Engineer to assist in the construction completion and handover of a major Pharmaceutical Facility in Oxfordshire.
The Electrical Engineer shall be based on-site and shall provide technical support for the design and construction of a major new build pharmaceutical project.
Role Detail Description:
The Electrical Engineer will work closely with the design team and construction team to support the efficient and compliant design and construction of the electrical engineering services installations for the facility.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient electrical engineering technical support to the project.
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of the project to time, quality, and cost targets.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors.
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
- Review and resolution of technical issues on site i.e. final coordination of installations.
- Management of change at the site construction level.
- Work package management.
- Liaison with the electrical design team at head office on all technical matters affecting design.
- Support in resolution and closure of site technical queries.
- Design and construction stakeholder engagement.
- Site surveys & reporting.
- Assist the construction supervisor in all technical matters at the site level.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years) in a relevant design and site technical support role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs of major projects for the pharmaceutical sector.
- Degree in electrical engineering or comparable demonstrable experience working at this level.
- Chartership through professional Institution desirable.
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical construction projects.
- Experience in Electrical Building Services design best practices.
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation.
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support).
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with the experience of undertaking a ‘Designer’ role.
- Ability to undertake site surveys.
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team.
- Work package management encompasses varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include the requirement for construction support.
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable liaising with client representatives.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology.
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent working relationships.
Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT.
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software.
- Microsoft suite of programs.