17 days ago
Our Client has a requirement for an Estimating Engineer, who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Warrington.
To carry out and oversee the efficient and effective provision of estimates for our client's projects in order to win profitable contracts.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- To carry out the initial technical and contractual review of the tender enquiry.
- To prepare the estimate in a logical and precise manner following QA procedures and utilising the computerised estimating package and Microsoft Word / Excel.
- To obtain competitive quotations from Suppliers / Subcontractors for project estimates.
- To carry out take-offs in a manner that will provide as much detail as possible for the purpose of tender reviews prior to tender submission and to assist in the financial control of a contract should the tender be successful.
- To liaise with internal Divisions / Departments to obtain relevant quotations and information for tender.
- To attend site visits and tender review meetings with clients (UK and overseas).
- To attend kick-off meetings to brief the project team should the tender be successful.
- To oversee and advise Estimating Engineers, thus ensuring completeness and timely submission of tenders.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of current relevant Estimating and Commercial practices.
- Good knowledge of engineering practices.
- Good knowledge of project management practices.
- Good knowledge of HSE systems and compliance.
- Good knowledge of QA systems and compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Considerable experience in estimating work packages to the standards required within the chemical, pharmaceutical, nuclear, utilities and food & drink types of industries.
- People management skills and knowledge of performance management processes for leadership, coaching and development of staff.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Estimating Engineer’s looking for new employment.