Warrington / Hybrid
26 days ago
Group Design Manager
Warrington / Hybrid
Our Client has a requirement for a Group Design Manager, who will be required to work on a Permanent basis in Warrington / Hybrid.
The Group Design Manager will report directly to the Engineering & Design Director and shall support the efficient and effective running of the department. They will have the responsibility to lead/oversee both mechanical and electrical installation design together with specialist subcontracted services and related designs i.e., Civil, Process, Structural / Steel Work designs.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Be client-facing, nurturing existing client relationships while investigating and developing new ones.
- Support the Engineering and Design Director with department technical and financial reporting.
- Oversee department recruitment and development/mentoring of staff.
- Undertake audits and surveys of clients existing assets.
- Act in a consultant and advisory capacity in identifying engineering solutions to meet client technical, cost and schedule needs.
- Apply a sustainable approach in design and seek ways to reduce carbon footprint.
- Have a strong ability to identify, communicate and manage risk.
- Undertake feasibility studies.
- Support internal and external sales together with client bid submissions.
- Review and assess tender documentation for completeness & compliance, identify risk & appropriate risk mitigation measures, identify resource needs and plan the works.
- Oversee the effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team.
- Prepare or review and approve contract documentation including Scope of Work and Professional Services Agreements for Design Subcontracts.
- Manage Design Subcontracts.
- Manage and oversee the generation of concepts, developed and detailed design deliverables for mechanical and electrical installation activities.
- Have in-depth knowledge of process engineering discipline and be proficient in the use of Piping and Instrument (P&ID) Diagrams.
- Identify & implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient technical advice to both internal & external customers.
- Fulfil ‘Designer’ or ‘Principal Designer’ duty holder responsibilities as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
- Degree in technical engineering related subject.
- Strong contractual awareness and financial reporting.
- Strong experience in delivering highly complex M&E installation designs within highly regulated industry sectors.
- Strong understanding of the design process & associated M&E design documentation.
- Project lifecycle experience.
- Strong experience using AutoCAD, Plant3D and other Computer-Aided Design tools.
- Experience in digital engineering tools and technologies to deliver 3D and BIM level 2 designs.
- Knowledge of quality assurance, accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of traditional building services design.
- Hazardous Area Design.
- Awareness of functional safety requirements to ISO 61508 and 61511.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
- Project management qualification (Desired).
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Group Design Manager’s looking for new employment.