about 2 months ago
Junior Project Planner
Reporting to the Framework Project Manager you will provide programmes of work for projects within the framework assigned to you by the portfolio planner.
The ideal candidate will have worked within the construction industry and have the ambition and drive to learn from more experienced members of the team.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Coordination with the Project Manager to ensure timely submission of tender packages. This will include all aspects of the project for a Design & Build programme.
- Liaise with the client’s representative to discuss and agree on the level and content of the programme i.e. areas of work, work packages, access and completion dates and any other key dates/milestones required as defined within the Contract Data.
- Liaise with the site Construction Operatives to produce a construction programme that reflects the build of the project.
- Compile the Construction issue programme incorporating the above requirements.
- Upon acceptance of the programme by the client, ensure the Project team and Construction Manager are issued with the relevant programme and information.
- Undertake weekly measures for the project as defined by the Work Package Manager in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor to determine actual progress and productivity figures.
- Track expended hours utilising the bespoke database.
- Attend site meetings as requested by the Work Package Manager.
- Ensure that project change is tracked within the programme and highlight/detail any cause & effect to the project completion date.
- Attend planning meetings with the Work Package Manager and the client.
- Ensure the project team is always fully informed of the current project status and offer improvement suggestions and innovation to the Project Manager and other team members.
- Be flexible and proactive in our approach as professional engineering specialists, to highlight potential problems before they occur and offer effective solutions to any technical or construction-related problems.
- Have a willingness to undertake an annual performance 1 to 1 review, to attend and have active participation in all internal and external training courses.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
Relevant experience in the following Software Packages will be required:-
- Primavera P6.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Full Driving Licence.
- The ideal candidate will have a construction background and have some basic project planning experience.
- The role also relies on good verbal communication skills. The candidate must communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients to influence and negotiate timescales.