17 days ago
M&E Estimating Manager
Our Client has a requirement for an M&E Estimating Manager, who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Warrington.
To manage the efficient and effective provision of estimates for our client projects in order to win profitable commercial contracts.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Manage the receipt of all contract tender documentation and carry out the initial review of scope and content.
- Maintain a programme and manage the workload of the Estimating Department to ensure that an appropriate balance is maintained and that relevant skills are properly utilised.
- Oversee the preparation of estimates and advise Estimating Engineers, thus ensuring completeness and timely submission of tenders.
- Assess the commercial risk on specific proposals along with the Group Commercial Director.
- Manage the development of staff and ensure that the Estimating Department is properly informed and motivated by leading the communication process.
- To assist the Estimating Engineers in the compilation of tenders / tender presentations and attend site visits and meetings as required.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- High level of computer literacy.
- Good knowledge of engineering practices.
- Good awareness of project management practice.
- Good knowledge of contract financial controls and budgeting.
- High level of commercial analytical skill and judgement.
- Familiarity with QA systems and compliance.
- Well-developed people management skills and knowledge of performance management processes for leadership, coaching and development of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients and specialist advisers.
- Academic qualifications (e.g. HNC) in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for M&E Estimating Manager’s looking for new employment.