about 1 month ago
Principal Building Services Engineer
Our Client has a requirement for a Principal Building Services Engineer, who will be required to work on a permanent basis in Birmingham.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Carry out site condition surveys and produce feasibility reports with budget cost estimates for the building services elements of the work.
- Carry out conceptual and detailed design with calculations for building services systems.
- Produce engineering specifications and report writing.
- Site attendance at project meetings. Inspection of installations, commissioning and witnessing activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Able to reside on a construction site for short periods as required for construction assistance.
- Provide support to proposals as required.
- Checking and approving the work of other engineers.
- Self-manage own workload and liaise with CAD and other departments to ensure delivery commitments are met.
- Quality control, H&S and document management in line with policies and systems.
- Develop and maintain good customer relations when responding to enquiries or implementing projects
- You will report directly to your Line Manager (Head of Building Services) within the Birmingham office and carry out the full range of professional tasks and services to meet client requirements to the highest standards.
- All works will be in full compliance with legislation, regulations and current Codes of Practice, within budget and to client-driven timescales.
At Talascend we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal Building Services Engineer’s looking for new employment.