Billingham, County Durham
Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
PROJECT MANAGER - NORTH EAST
This Project Management Consultancy passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Managers to join our busy and expanding Life Sciences team in the North East
Life Sciences clients need to maintain the highest standards, to achieve Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), as required by the various licensing authorities (FDA, EMA, local). It is therefore necessary to execute projects precisely, so that schedule and quality are met, without compromising on the end-product quality.
The resource requirement is to successfully manage assigned Life Sciences projects in London and the South-East (and potentially elsewhere in the UK, to suit our clients requirements) and in accordance with company procedures and in support of the overall objectives of Turner & Townsend.
Has prime responsibility for the successful delivery and completion of assigned Life Sciences projects in North East (and potentially elsewhere in the UK, to suit our clients requirements), which may involve laboratories, clean rooms and pharmaceutical research and development Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facilities, from inception through to completion and operational use.
Responsible for project proposal support, project delivery (not doing engineering themselves), project leadership, scope development, schedule management, resource management, cost control, change control management, risk & opportunity management, commercial negotiation, client/stakeholder management, communication plan & compliance with client procedures, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
Project Management Duties:
- Establish professional relationships with clients and their stakeholders.
- Managing the interest of client stakeholders on the project.
- Produce a T&T Project Execution Plan. Update periodically during the project life cycle.
- Managing the process of scope definition and change control; anticipate change orders in a timely manner on important potential risks technical or other.
- Establish a project risk register and execute detailed plans to ensure that risks are mitigated and opportunities are realised.
- Create the conditions to enable teams to work effectively.
- Apply applicable client QA and project management procedures / methods.
- Ensure that baseline project documents are produced and maintained. Make them available, utilising project workspaces, to all parties concerned and effectively used during the project.
- Ensure that the project is correctly planned and managed during execution using the integrated tools.
- Monitor and control the financial status of the project.
- Report on the status of the project (scope, resources, technical issues, procurement schedule and cost).
- Work with all project team organisations to ensure that the project is properly closed out.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process with respect to project management procedures, guidelines and tools highlighting any possible areas where improvements can be made and develop lessons learned documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including executive-level reporting, best practices and standard work preparation and both functional and program metrics scheduling tracking and reporting.
- Is able to perceive problems in advance, consider the broad range of financial, commercial, technical factors in assessing the situation, recognise their context and possible causes, deduce/ assess effective solutions.
- Is able to identify and anticipate the causes and implications of problems and opportunities.
- Thinks through and assesses possible solutions.
- Is able to clearly articulate messages and views so others understand them.
- Is able to prioritise actions, mobilise and orchestrate resources to get things done timely and effectively.
- Is able to complete assigned tasks and actions.
- Is able to successfully build support for ideas or actions without the use of hierarchical power. Uses different approaches to get commitment to solutions.
- Is able to manage both local & remote personnel.
- Is knowledgeable around cGMP, FDA and MHRA regulations and the technical context of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) product manufacturing.
- Has an understanding of the life sciences marketplace and general business environment
Relevant experience within the Life Sciences or pharmaceutical industry.
Solid understanding of:
- MEP systems (ie, medical gases, electrical resilience, water systems)
- HVAC & Clean rooms - to maintain specific environmental criteria in a variety of spaces
- Commissioning & Validation
Degree qualified in a construction related subject
Preferably chartered status
A proven track record of delivering high quality project management services across the full project lifecycle