Life Science - Senior Control & Instrument Engineer - Warrington
over 1 year ago
6 Months Renewable Contract
Senior Control & Instrument Engineer
The Senior Control & Instrument Engineer will support the department through provision on Engineering, Design and Consultancy services for complex highly regulated industries including Water and Pharmaceutical.
Role Detail Description:
The Senior Controls & Instrument Engineer will work closely with the Engineering & Design Team Leads and Project Manager to support the efficient and effective delivery of multi-discipline projects.
The post holder will:
- Undertake audits and surveys of client existing assets.
- Support in identifying engineering solutions to meet client technical, cost and schedule needs.
- Have a strong ability to identify, communicate and manage risk.
- Undertake feasibility studies.
- Support bid submissions.
- Manage the effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team.
- Provide concept, developed and detailed design deliverables for control and instrumentation and associated Electrical services installations (Including loop diagrams, 3D Model, general arrangement drawings, design risk register, specifications etc.).
- Have significant experience in the application of control and instrumentation design standards
- Mentor/train other electrical team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in a relevant design role including successful delivery of control and instrumentation designs within projects for the pharmaceutical and petrochemical sector.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject.
- Membership of a professional Institution or similar body is desirable, working towards or holding IEng or CEng registration.
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical, water and petrochemical industries.
- Extensive knowledge of hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principles and generation of associated documentation i.e. intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules.
- Knowledge of functional safety requirements and lifecycle with a clear understanding of IEC 61508 and 61511.
- Working knowledge of modern communications network principles and design i.e. Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Experience with E&I design best practices.
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support).
- Generate controls and instrumentation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors.
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
- Supervision and generation of 2D and 3D Instrumentation Installation Design Deliverables including General arrangement drawings, loop diagrams, instrument schedules, cable/containment routing diagrams
- Instrument specification and selection.
- Hazardous area design.
- Functional safety design (desirable).
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable liaising with client representatives.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology.
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills.
Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs