Life Science - Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer - Warrington Head Office / Hybrid
about 1 year ago
Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer
Warrington Head Office / Hybrid
Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer to join their team in Warrington.
The Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer will have the responsibility to support the department through the provision of Electrical and Instrumentation Design Services primarily within the Water Utility Sector.
Role Detail Description:
The Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer will work closely with Engineers and Project Managers to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering design services.
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors.
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience (Minimum 5 years) in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs within projects for the water utility sector.
- Thorough knowledge of IEE Wiring Regulations – BS7671 - 18th Edition
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject
- Membership of a professional Institution or similar body is desirable
- Strong experience in UK water utility sector construction projects
- Experience in E&I design best practices
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support and as-built documentation)
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with the experience of undertaking ‘Designer’ role
- Ability to undertake site surveys
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- Familiarity with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principles and generation of associated documentation i.e. Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules
- Construction support
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives
- Working knowledge of 3D software i.e. Revit, Navis
- Provision of 2D and 3D Design Deliverables, GAs, equipment layouts and cable/containment routing diagrams
- Single line diagrams (LVC and Instrumentation)
- Cable block diagrams (Power and Instrumentation)
- Earthing diagrams
- Instrumentation Loop diagrams
- Cable Calculations
- Digital Communication Network Diagrams
- Hazardous Area Designs, including IS Calculations
- Building services design
Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs
- Revit (Desirable)