Life Science - Senior Electrical Building Services Designer - Firecrest
about 1 year ago
6 Months Renewable Contract
Senior Electrical Building Services Designer
Role Detail Description:
The Senior Electrical Building Services Designer will work closely with the Senior Electrical Engineer to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient Electrical Engineering services to both internal & external customers.
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors.
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) in a relevant design role including successful delivery of electrical installation designs within projects for the pharmaceutical sector.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject.
- Membership of a professional Institution or similar body is desirable.
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical construction projects.
- Experience with E&I design best practices.
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation.
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support).
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with the experience of undertaking a ‘Designer’ role.
- Ability to undertake site surveys.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modelling and BIM requirements.
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team.
- Familiarity with hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principles and generation of associated documentation i.e. intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules.
- Work packages encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include requirements for construction support.
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable liaising with client representatives.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology.
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills.
Software Packages Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Autodesk Revit
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs