Life Science - Senior Electrical Engineer - Macclesfield
about 1 year ago
Senior Electrical Engineer
Role Detail Description:
The Senior Controls & Instrument Engineer will work closely with the Engineering & Design Team Leads to support the efficient and effective delivery of instrument engineering & design services within significant projects. The role will also hold responsibility for smaller projects.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective, accurate & efficient controls and instrumentation Engineering services to both internal & external customers.
- Generate controls and instrumentation deliverables in compliance with BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards/quality requirements.
- Liaise with design and equipment subcontractors.
- Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions.
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical, Process, HVAC and Civil.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience (at least 8 years) in a relevant lead design role including successful delivery of controls and instrumentation designs within projects for the pharmaceutical and petrochemical sector.
- Working knowledge of industrial HV and LV distribution systems – specialising in LV distribution.
- HNC or Degree in technical engineering related subject
- Membership of a professional Institution or similar body is desirable, working towards or holding IEng or CEng registration
- Strong experience in UK pharmaceutical and petrochemical construction projects
- Extensive knowledge of hazardous area design together with hazardous area protection principles and generation of associated documentation i.e. Intrinsically safe calculations and hazardous area inspection schedules
- Knowledge of functional safety requirements and lifecycle with a clear understanding of IEC 61508 and 61511
- Working knowledge of modern communications network principles and design i.e. Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet etc.
- Experience of E&I design best practices
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Project lifecycle experience (Concept through detail design to construction support)
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking ‘Designer’ and ‘Principal Designer’ Duty holder roles
- Ability to undertake site surveys
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- Work packages encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include requirements for construction support
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills
- Proficient use of the following software packages:
- AutoCAD LT
- Trimble (Amtech) Pro Design Suite Cable Sizing Software
- Microsoft suite of programs
- AVEVA Instrumentation and Systems engineering proprietary software