Up to £50000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Job Description - Work Package Manager
To manage the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, to client requirements, and within programme and budget allowances utilising the NEC4 ECC & ECSC on a pharmaceutical site working to GMP standards.
Reporting to the framework account manager, you will lead a small team to deliver your allocated projects. You will be supported by a quantity surveyor and project planner. Projects range in value from £50k to £2M.
You will be part of the projects control team managing projects using direct and subcontract resource (Design and construction) as required by the project Scope.
As a candidate for this role, you are expected to be driven, motivated, and willing to embrace change. Our client are committed to continuous improvement as it benefits not only internal stakeholders, but our clients. This role is based in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working alongside professional people from our own organisation and our client's.
Size of projects: Direct management up to £2 m
Location of projects: AstraZeneca Macclesfield Framework Contract
Our Client are a multi discipline Design and Build contractor operating across many engineering sectors globally. As part of our client, you will become a member of a diverse team of people helping to deliver projects to blue chip Clients with the very best quality and Health and Safety standards applied.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects to programme and cost targets by personal leadership and members of the project team.
- Accountable for all planning and cost control activities necessary to optimise and secure the delivery of projects within programme and budget.
- Ensure compliance with SHE and Quality standards on all relevant project activities by personal leadership and through members of the team.
- Responsible for the effective application of resources to projects by appropriate liaison with the Design Manager and Construction Manager.
- Contribute to the improvement of profitable performance by seeking and applying appropriate
Innovative 'ways of working' and technical solutions.
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction by seeking and responding constructively to feedback.
- Share best project management practice throughout the group
- The project life cycle involves significant compliance requirements, particularly with respect to safety legislation - the Job Holder must maintain knowledge in this area and actively manage the risks involved through his team members.
- Well-developed people management skills are essential to motivate a large and diverse team of individuals.
- Our Client operates under several different contract types under the NEC4 suite of contracts and therefore the Job Holder must be familiar with a variety of these contracts or be willing to develop the knowledge of their own accord with support from our client.
- The range of projects is very diverse from refurbishments to new build and can include all of our client's functions (e.g., electrical, mechanical, HVAC, Civil, Architectural) therefore the Job Holder must have broad knowledge of all these areas.
- The Job Holder shall have a willingness to undertake an annual performance 1 to 1 review, to attend and have an active participation in all internal and external training courses
- HNC, HND or similar qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Project Management Qualification or relevant structured training evidence
Job Related Experience
- At least 5 years' experience in project management/project engineering
- Contract management experience, including planning, estimating and contract financial management.
- Knowledge of construction site management and CDM requirements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of project management procedures and project management 'best practice'.
- Sound knowledge of secondary disciplines such as electrical and civil engineering
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety and employment legislation.
- Familiar with QA systems and compliance requirements
- Commercial awareness including basic knowledge of the relevant practical application of contract law.
- Well-developed people management and influencing skills appropriate to working in a complex matrix organisation.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organisation, with clients and with other contracting organisations.