Life Sciences - Design Management Consultant - Birmingham
about 1 year ago
6 Months with the possibility of extension
Design Management Consultant
6 Month Contract
Our Client has a requirement for a Design Management Consultant, who will be required to work on a 6-month contract basis in Birmingham.
Reporting directly to the Head of Department, you will lead and manage the design process and teams on assigned client projects. This is a strategic appointment within the UK team to focus on flawless design delivery, coordination and engineering execution.
Key Accountabilities of the Job:
- Utilise appropriate systems and provide leadership to the Design and Document Management functions on the project, in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- To complete and publish a Design Management Plan (part of the Project Execution Plan) and establish project-specific procedures and implement them, in accordance with our client’s established procedural protocols.
- Provide interface with client, as appropriate where defined in the project structure.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to safety and ensure the “Design” team is active in this regard.
- Lead the design team to ensure that the overall project requirements are satisfied.
- Working with the discipline leads to establishing an agreed scope of services for all Design disciplines and/or Design Sub-contractors/Suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop (as required) a comprehensive scope of service for the next stage of the project.
- Manage all design reviews and coordination meetings; ensure a fully coordinated Design strategy is in place and work closely with discipline lead designers to deliver.
- Ensure that a fully coordinated design is produced that integrates with the agreed Project Execution Plan and that the design is regularly monitored for progress and updated as required.
- Manage change control (in conjunction with internal team)
- Deliver to cost in terms of design fee and project prime cost.
- Liaise with senior management to establish and confirm fee targets, and ensure the design team is aware of and monitor progress against the target fees.
- Ensure that design is developed in line with procurement and construction requirements and the cost plan budget allowances.
- To ensure that the Design fully accords with the defined specifications as detailed within the work package control document or Sub-contract documents as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Senior Management and discipline heads, ensure that resource management is effectively and efficiently applied to the project.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a related subject (e.g. Engineering, Construction or Science).
- A professional qualification in a recognized Project Management professional body (e.g. APM or PMI) is highly desirable.
- You must have a proven level of experience in delivering complex and multi-disciplined EPCM projects in the Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical sector.
- You must have excellent commercial awareness and business acumen with the ability to manage projects to the budget including man-hours and commercial targets.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to produce quality work and achieve project deadlines within budget.
- You must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business services.
- A forward planner, who identifies and resolves project challenges effectively.
- You must be able to critically assesses your own performance and the performance of others.
- Act as a Project Sponsor when required.
- Have an in-depth knowledge base and experience across all RIBA work stages.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and supervise both internal and external teams.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction technology.
- Possess exceptional technical and construction detailing ability.
- Working knowledge of Revit would be beneficial but is not essential.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Design Management Consultant’s looking for new employment.