£55000 - £60000 per annum + Health insurance, pension
11 months ago
Title: Engine / Lubricants Engineer
Function and Group: Enabling Technology
Lubricants Technology provides solutions for road transport, marine and power generation that create value for my client and end users. It enables engine technology to advance in ways that allows the world to keep moving as resources become increasingly valuable and diverse. The global engineering team undertakes projects focused in five main areas: fundamental research to enable future development, understanding new engine hardware and trends, incorporation of new component chemistry, collaboration with engine manufacturers and first tier suppliers, and support the development of new product platforms.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
* Develop and translate engineering understanding and knowledge to Chemists and Chemical Engineers for the development of oils for new and existing combustion engines.
* Generate innovative solutions to lubrication challenges through a detailed understanding of the hardware used to qualify and approve lubricating oil products.
* Lead business critical technology projects and contribute to future project creation.
* Partner with external engineering consultancies where project scope goes beyond current internal capabilities or competencies.
* Prepare and deliver presentations to internal & external audiences that influence preferred outcomes.
What will you gain from this role?
* Very high levels of project responsibility: development projects frequently cost over 1M$.
* Large degree of external interaction with performance test companies, engineering consultancies, OEMs and industry committees.
* Opportunity to collaborate with other client functions
* Environmental factors and evolving hardware technology create many opportunities and a fascinating market to understand and influence.
* Leadership skills: developing a team and design / implement new practices to increase its value
A successful candidate is likely to have
* A technical background in Engines Engineering, Powertrain Development or related discipline is essential
* A working knowledge of lubricant technology, what impacts its performance and the design of engine / rig testing protocols is desirable.
* Innovative and inspired by finding out why things work. Ability to apply different tactics to solve problems.
* Ability to plan, steward and successfully deliver complex projects. Enjoy managing multiple projects.
* Analyse and interpret technical data, form sound technical judgements or test hypotheses
* Ability and desire to learn new competencies.
* Effective Team Player. Willingness to share, support and be collaborative
Note: All candidates applying for this role must be eligible to work and live in UK without any restrictions.