about 1 year ago
Our client is currently looking for a Machine Operator to join their team on a contract basis in Rugby.
- Working safely at all times within EHS guidelines
- Working within a team but also expected to use own skills and initiative in the manufacture of Rotating Machines shafts
- Maintain the standards in the process and procedures during manufacture
- Achieving production and quality targets
- Liaising with Area and Team Leaders and other departments on the shop floor
- Supporting business needs for manufacturing output
Required Key Tasks
- Understanding engineering drawings, which includes geometric tolerances and key symbols such as roundness, concentricity etc.
- How to use and calibrate measuring equipment in machine shop
- Experience working on GER Cylindrical grinding machine, and Hercules grinding machine
- Good knowledge on Heidenheim control systems
- Familiarisation with General Heidenheim G-Code, Parametric Cycles, Conversational programming on screen and Cycle definitions and Labels
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Ensure grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines remain at peak
- Perform basic repairs, including replacing parts when they are worn down or broken, within the scope of expected knowledge and expertise.
- Previous experience of large shaft machining or grinding
- Attention to detail and record keeping
- Ability to work within a team, with a positive attitude to meeting production targets
- Due to nature of work, security clearance required
- Flexible to business needs within a production environment