Manufacturing Engineer - Rugby
£18.00 - £22.00 per hour
almost 3 years ago
Rugby - Contract
- Producing tooling specifications and drawings to ensure the correct build tooling and equipment is specified for our project.
- Working with suppliers to coordinate the delivery of data sheets, drawings, 3D models and other technical data vital to the Engineering Department design process and uploading it into our Teamcentre PLM system.
- Read and interpret Engineering specifications and standards in order to ensure all purchased equipment adheres to required standards.
- Plan, allocate and manage daily workload to achieve On-Time Delivery required of the project.
- Attend Supplier Tender Review Meetings to recognize/validate technical offers and assist SQE in eSMS first piece qualifications if needed.
- Ensure that the design is in line with guidance and Engineering Design Standards.
- Ensure zero defects (no NCR) performance, and manage NCR resolution.
- Ensure OTD commitments are met.
- Ensure contract execution on budget related commitments.
- Manage the SDR/ECR (from supplier/manufacturing respectively) for tooling and equipment.
- Support Project Lead Engineer during OTR phase to deliver to our metrics, where BOP is key.
- Deliver drawings, BOMs and specifications to Sourcing in a timely manner to ensure we meet our OTD.
- Work with the Project Engineering Lead to balance work load/capacity and support as required.
- Support Manufacturing in case of technical issues and participate in the supporting the machine build as required.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis and Lessons Learned reviews on tooling equipment.
- Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering HNC/HND, Degree (or equivalent) or higher.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in heavy engineering environment.
- Knowledge of rotating machines products, their engineering challenges and manufacturing processes.
- Experienced in engineering design processes and tools preferred (especially 2D/3D CAD (Auto CAD and/or Creo/ProE).
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office + applications.
- Flexible approach, willing to work extended hours and travel as and when required.
- Good written and oral skills.
- Methodical worker with focus on attention to detail.
- Structured in approach and well organised.
- Motivating and influencing change agent, driven, self-starter who reacts well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and fast moving environment.
- Knowledge and experience in using SAP and Teamcentre
- Experience of working on Lean focused projects to eliminate waste and reduce cost/manufacturing times.