£350 - 400 per day
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (12-Month Contract) Location: Norwich, UK
Company Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team on a 12-month contract basis in Norwich. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability, availability, and operability of a wide range of mechanical equipment, primarily in the oil and gas offshore industry.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to various departments, including Operations, Maintenance, Projects, Metering, and Integrity.
- Offer engineering guidance and visibility during operational shutdowns.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvements to eliminate production losses and conduct root cause failure analysis.
- Assist in delivering maintenance strategies and policies, specifying equipment routines and procedures.
- Monitor maintenance requirements and effectiveness, minimizing backlogs and interventions.
- Specify, cost-analyze, and procure replacement equipment while ensuring compliance with specifications and legislative requirements.
- Complete necessary documentation and assurance systems.
- Manage costs effectively when working with third-party vendors and contractors.
- Utilize electronic maintenance systems, such as Maximo.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- Fundamental knowledge requirements for Mechanical Engineers supporting the performance testing, assurance, maintenance, and failure analysis of actuated and non-actuated valves.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses:
- Accumulator/Pulsation Damper
- CompEx Ex11 Mechanical Competence or equivalent Hydraulic Awareness
- Ideally, HNC, HND, or Engineering degree-qualified with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the oil and gas offshore industry.
- Detailed operational knowledge of oil and gas industry mechanical equipment.
- Sound knowledge of engineering, maintenance, and planning.
- Ability to provide timely guidance to management on equipment condition for predicting, planning, and budgeting for major costs and outages.
- Diligent, hard-working, a team player who can solicit help and cooperation from colleagues, and is supportive of change.
Note: This is an initial 12-month contract position with the possibility of periodic travel to other assets. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Join our team and help us maintain the operational excellence of our mechanical equipment while working within regulatory guidelines and engineering standards. Your expertise will contribute to the reliability and efficiency of our operations.
You can also send through you're CV through to email@example.com or call me on 01925 907028.
Talascend is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We look forward to receiving your application.