£38000 - £39000 per annum + package
about 3 years ago
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
About the Role
Working as part of the maintenance team to ensure that all plant, equipment and machinery on site are operating efficiently with the minimum amount of downtime and they are kept in a safe and good mechanical working order. The suitable candidate will be a time served engineer, preferably with experience in an automated factory environment, with a reasonable knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics. You will ensure safe working always, with a right first time every time by everyone attitude whilst adhering to the company's policies and procedures.
- Carry out the necessary maintenance operations to all plant equipment and machinery in line with Company requirements.
- Carry out all planned preventative maintenance as requested.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good working and clean condition.
- Assist with the installation of new plant equipment.
- Maintain and monitor the machines and equipment to enable them to achieve their budgeted outputs at the required quality levels.
- Ensure that all machine guards are fitted correctly in accordance with H&S requirements.
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Maintenance Manager and Team Leader on shift.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with colleagues.
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve your efficiency. * Perform other duties as required by your line manager.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified from a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship and experience in a similar role is essential.
- Sound knowledge & experience of fault finding and repairs - Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Competent Welding and Fabrication Skills.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings. * Good working knowledge of EHS systems.
- Flexible and positive work ethic.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team. Hours: 6.00pm to 6.00am on a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern.