£60000 - £65000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is recruiting for a Mechanical QA Engineer to work on site on a Commercial M&E fit out project in Chelsea London. You will have an understanding of leading engineers as well as understanding the design, quality and commercial elements.
The successful candidate will join an already established Construction team. The project is a Mechanical installation and has a project value in excess of £30 million.
Mechanical QA Engineer Roles and Responsibilities are to deliver:
- To follow and implement Dornan's Quality plans and ITP's
- Perform regular quality inspections on site as per IFC drawings and approved technical submittals
- Assure that the materials installed on site match the project specifications and technical submittals and that all relevant information is provided from Quality checks carried out, raise internal NCR for any non-compliance.
- Generate snags , liaise with subcontractors until completion, sign-off and produce records
- Generate paperwork for Witness tests that are performed on site and keep a records up to date.
- Assist Mechanical / Electrical Engineers when required
- Lead quality review meetings
- Coordinate site walks with the client for Sign off process
- Liaise with our Modular facility , Project Manager Engineers, Commissioning manager
- Detect opportunities for improvement and try to educate and encourage the team to perform as per Dornan Standards
- Ensure all internal QAQC procedures are followed
- Lead handover of systems of construction into commissioning activities
- Lead pre-commissioning witnessing such as hydraulic testing, pre-energisation checks, line walk systems with P&ID
Mechanical QA engineer will have the following qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree
Essential requirements of the Mechanical QA Engineer will include:
- 3-5 years' experience on a commercial site
- 3 years' + experience within a Mechanical position
- 3-5 years' experience in Quality Assurance
- Brief knowledge of welding piping quality standards will be beneficial
- Proven experience in the delivery of concise reports on installation and test progress and ultimate system completion and handover in a timely manner