Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
almost 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To support the Construction Manager (MEP) in the delivery of mechanical, electrical, public health and communications scope on the jobsite by contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and third parties. This includes the coordination of systemwide and third-party programmes of work at the site.
- Supports the Construction Manager (MEP) in relation to the following:
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with environmental, safety and health requirements. This includes recording and (as necessary) escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Championing safety on site around the execution of MEP and other works via engagement with the contractor and operatives.
- Overseeing construction activities of MEP works including monitoring of quantities and tracking of documentation and design information.
- Management and tracking of MEP related issues on the project and assisting the contractor in resolution of these to eliminate / mitigate impacts to cost and time.
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer / Supervisor's Representative in monitoring contractor compliance with the construction quality plan. This includes coordination of NCR (Non-Conformance Report) and defect capture and resolution.
- Supporting the project regarding the execution of testing and commissioning activities including the completion of related assurance paperwork.
- Supporting and coordinating interfaces between the contractor and others including systemwide contractors and third parties (e.g. London Underground contractors).
- Preparing communications and instructions to the contractor in accordance with the works information. Identify risk items that present potential cost or time impact and recording these via the contract.
- Monitoring contractor progress and performance against contractual milestones and the project programme.
Main challenges of the job
- Driving production and solving issues to meet project programme.
- Ensuring focus on completion of physical works and completion of inspections, testing / commissioning and assurance paperwork.
- Managing significant and complex scope with a high volume of interfaces and stakeholders.
- Influencing personnel without having direct authority, e.g. contractor and third-party personnel.
- Cultivating and maintaining collaborative and effective relationships.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to the Construction Manager (MEP).
- Works closely with multiple project personnel including Project Field Engineer / Supervisor's Representative and Field Assurance Engineers; Commercial Manager and Contract Administrators; and other Site and Construction Managers.
- Collaborates closely with contractor, subcontractor, supplier and third-party personnel.
- Experience of managing the construction of significant value packages of MEP work with high levels of complexity on comparable major project infrastructure works.
- Understanding and experience of project controls process including quantity tracking and reporting.
- Understanding and experience of construction quality systems and process.
- Understanding and experience of commissioning and certification processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively between multiple parties and stakeholders.