Metering Technician - Off Shore, North Sea
£450.00 - £500.00 per annum
over 3 years ago
Metering Technician (Off-Shore)
Our client is a leading independent Oil & Gas Company operating in 14 countries across the globe.
This position is an integral part of our Metering team where you will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and operational testing of all trade (Metering) related equipment and systems to ensure efficient, reliable and safe standards of our assets. Working as part of the wider team you will ensure safe working conditions in all day to day operations with special emphasis on maintenance tasks, environmental and security activities. This position operates on a shift rotation of 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.
Key responsibilities include
- Calibration and recertification of metering equipment as per Perenco, partner and OGA guidelines and good practices.
- First line maintenance and fault investigation of metering equipment.
- Day to day delivery and support of metering recertification activity.
- Supervision of junior Metering Technicians.
- Monitoring and track calibration schedules using MAXIMO / Verification Software.
- Provide technical input for projects.
- Management of certification document packages as part of audit requirement.
- Raising Work Orders via Maximo.
- Ensure metering document (drawings) update/control.
- Maintain audit trail management packages.
- Calibration and maintenance of online gas chromatographs.
- Sampling of produced fluids.
- Coordination of spares & repairs.
- Ex Maintenance.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks
- There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of HNC/HND in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
- Time served with experience in the maintenance and management of Fiscal measurement for both Gas & Liquid hydrocarbons with sound knowledge of engineering practices.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of typical processes involved for Natural Gas production, ideally having spent some time in the offshore environment as well as onshore.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, a team player with ability to lead, pays attention to detail, a good communicator to all levels.