3 months ago
6 Months with possible extension
Controls Software Engineer (Several Roles)
Initial 6 Month Contract
As a controls software engineer, you will report to the Controls Software Design Manager and team leader. The successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic team of engineers working on the development of controls software for LCC and VSC HVDC Control Systems.
As a controls engineer, you will be expected to develop software functions across the full delivery process life cycle, with an appreciation for industry best practices, such as coding standards, code review, requirements capture, unit testing, integration testing.
- Adhere to the delivery & quality processes and guidelines.
- Implement the full software life cycle (requirements, design, test specifications, implementation, unit and integration testing).
- Formal and informal engineering documentation to be created and maintained for all deliverables of the development lifecycle.
- Implement the software designs in Matlab/Simulink or C (project dependent).
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Support IST testing.
- Conduct and participate in engineering design reviews.
- Conduct root cause analysis on all defects.
- Development of control software function.
The candidate must be:
- Self-motivating, proactive and results-driven approach.
- Curious, resilient and willing to learn.
- Able to work to deadlines with high quality, a sense of urgency and delivery.
- Focused on delivering value to customers.
- Good problem-solving.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified (minimum 2:1) in an engineering discipline ideally with Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics Engineering, Controls Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- Good design capability and experience in the engineering discipline of electrical and Power systems.
- Model-Based Design, Code Generation and Simulation Testing (Matlab-Simulink).
- Experience in C programming.
- Knowledge and experience in HVDC systems.
- Knowledge in controls and/or protection software.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum).
- Knowledge and experience in safety-critical and/or control system software development practices (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62304).
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience in Root cause analysis.
- Software development and software project delivery processes.
- Test-Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit, automated regression, Kits, integration and software in the loop testing).
- Experience in IEC61850 communication protocol.
- Experience in software development within a software delivery process