OHES Construction Risk Management Coordinator
US$65000 - US$120000 per annum + expat package
almost 5 years ago
Liquid error: internal
The HES Construction Risk Management Coordinator, under direction of the HES Supervisor, serves as a key interface with the Construction organization through the review of work method statements and development of pragmatic risk reduction measures. The position is expected to influence Contractors to implement hierarchy of controls before new work fronts open. The positions also plans, directs and coordinates Company HES activities and initiatives within assigned area. This entails, providing direction, support and career development to MSW, PTW, and HES Specialists. May assume DOA for the Sr. HES Team Lead during their absence from site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of work method statements and offer comments to avert potential serious injuries or fatalities.
- Participate in Contractor's look ahead meetings and offer HES input.
- Interface with the Workface Planning team to incorporate HES controls before IWPs are released.
- Routine engagement and partnership with the Construction site managers. Daily reviews, walks and discussion about HES planning and concerns.
- Mentoring the HES specialist on more safe work methods.
- Routinely interface with contractor regarding HES performance and HES matters.
- Conducts or directs research to mitigate hazards and evaluate loss-producing potential of given systems, operations or processes.
- Coordinates and implements HES activities directed by HES Supervisor.
- Promotes employee participation in safety meetings and IIF initiatives.
- Provides guidance to management through interpretation of HES Practices and procedures, legislation, and regulations.
- Develops and presents HES performance improvement recommendations to HES Supervisor for consideration / approval.
- Ensures balance between productivity and the safety of team members, contractor, and visitors.
- Reviews, challenges and recommends approval of area HES project plans, contractual arrangements, schedules, activities, and milestones.
Four year university degree in safety or HES disciplines or technical degree/certification in safety applicable to construction safety.
* Minimum fifteen (15) years of direct experience in construction HES within the oil and gas industry.
* Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience in the Construction HES field.
* Previous experience with defining HES mitigations as part of the Construction look ahead planning process.
* Leadership / coaching / mentoring experience.
* Experience in client/customer liaison service industry
* Working knowledge of the TCO and Chevron HES processes
* Has shown the ability to manage HES on a large construction project in oil and gas industry
* Able to deal with evolving situations and fast moving environment
* PC competency, strong administrative acumen, well organized with strong communication skills