Oil & Gas - Civil Engineer - West London
over 1 year ago
Plans and conducts independent work in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Business Unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Business Unit in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline assigned to a project or staff group. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice associated with civil site development design activities but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using appropriate 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD)tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares work specifications, technical bid evaluations and award recommendations for subcontracts or material requisitions associated with civil site development.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between Civil Engineering and other engineering disciplines, clients, suppliers, and contractors .
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Reviews civil site development deliverables and technical documentation produced by suppliers and subcontractor.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals associated with civil site development.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design associated with civil site development.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders associated with civil site development
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers associated with civil site development.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Experience and Qualifications
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques. Devises new approaches to technical problems.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Provides technical direction for specific tasks and assigns work to subordinate senior engineers, engineers, designers, drafters or project sub-groups.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
Specific experience in planning and executing greenfield or brownfield projects in one or more of the following market segments:
* Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification
* Coal, gas or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia
* Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC and others
* Carbon capture and sequestration
* Solar and/or combined cycle power plants
* Hydrogen value chain including reforming, liquefaction, transportation and fuelling stations
* Offshore and onshore pipelines
* Desalination, raw water, demineralized water and waste water treatment plants
* Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
- A recognized Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university, with extensive relevant experience.
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, AND
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
. Additional benefits:
* Hybrid Working
* Private Medical Coverage
* Life Insurance Program
* Pension Scheme
* Employee Assistance Program
* Long Term Disability Scheme