Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
2 months ago
There is a requirement for a Development Geologist to join an Oil & Gas project in Sharjah, UAE for a year.
A generous salary is available, as well as paid-for hotel accomodation.
- Designs and delivers geological analysis and interpretation to development operations. Provides a wide range of technical advice and support in the geological field.
- Manages the geological interpretation of fields, and incorporation of offset well data to narrow down the range of parameter uncertainties and increase the probability of success for field development.
- Responsibility for geoscience input to drilling, completion, stimulation, testing and work-over programs.
- Provide, mentor well planning and QA/QC various well data acquisition and subsurface studies programs.
- Provide new drillable well locations, well proposals and support the geological operational activities during drilling campaign including Geosteering and provide post well analysis integrating data acquired.
- Promote effective integration of key aspects of fracture characterization and modelling into the development of models for pilots in conducting reservoir studies and dynamic modelling in accordance with related technical working system standards and Shareholder guidelines and best practices.
- Running full field sensitivity and uncertainty analysis on the various modelling input parameters addressing the full field range of uncertainty and its impact on P10, P50 and P90 volumetric scenarios "Keep Uncertainty Live".
- Supports evaluation and recommendation of reserves under SEC and PRMS guidelines to management and internal/external reserve auditors.
- Works closely with the subsurface team (operations geologist, geophysicist, reservoir engineers, petrophysicist) to ensure data integration between different domains, mitigate subsurface risk and assure subsurface product quality control.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or related subject preferably with a higher degree (i.e. Master or PHD)
- Minimum 10 - 12 years' experience in reservoir geology
- Solid experience in modelling natural fractured carbonate reservoirs and produce the required reservoir parameters for simulation and history matching.
- Experience in Iraq fields is highly desirable.