Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all Electrical and Instrument maintenance activities at company sites;
- Lead a team of skilled technicians and act as interface between management and technical team;
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards to meet expected reliability and 'uptime' Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaise closely with Production Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, engineering change, and cost control.
- Ensure that procedures for the safe execution of tasks are in place and adhered to (including Task Instructions, Permits to Work, Task Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks).
- Ensure that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system, providing all necessary reports to the Operations support team.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring, training, and appraising maintenance personnel.
- Familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), and Integrity (risk based) maintenance;
- To develop and maintain Electrical and Instrument technical standards and procedures as required.
- Technical qualification or Electrical Engineering degree.
- Minimum 10-years' experience in the above at a hydrocarbon facility.
- Conversant with PLC or ICSS control systems, telecommunication equipment including fibre optic technology, power generation, electrical switch gear, power monitoring systems etc.
- Field experience with the maintenance and operation (monitoring, switching, isolation and earthing) of electrical distribution systems and equipment, including:
o Electrical protection relays;
o Electrical Monitoring and Control Systems;
o HV & LV switchgear and circuit breakers;
o HV/LV motors (including Ex-rated), workshop repair, and bearing change.
- Field experience with the maintenance and operation of modern instrumentation:
o Fully conversant with SMART instruments, PLC, ICSS, DCS, etc.;
- Practical experience with loop testing, fault finding in control systems, etc.
- Capable of training and mentoring staff in Electrical and Instrument maintenance practices.
- Capable of understanding documents in English language.
- Effective and supportive team member.
- Capable of clear communication between team members.
- Verbal and written understanding of English.
Work Schedule: Rotation - 5 weeks on/5 weeks off