Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Up to £0.00 per month + rates negotiable
almost 2 years ago
- Apply basic chemical engineering principals of heat transfer, vapor-liquid equilibria, mass transfer and thermodynamics in the process design of oil, gas and chemicals facilities.
- Perform design calculations using standard simulation programs (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, and/or Promax) used in process simulations.
- Conversant in relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design. Develop relief load narratives, relief load calculations and relief valve datasheets.
- Proficient in the process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
- Develop process engineering deliverables like PFD's, Heat and Material Balances, Equipment Datasheets, Utility Summaries and other process deliverables required for the facility design.
- Knowledgeable in alarm and trip setpoint rationale and process safety time calculations.
- Support informal studies and technical briefing with customers, suppliers and other departments/disciplines. Present design issues to customers and suppliers.
- Participate in Plot Plan, 3D Model and P&ID Reviews, as well as safety reviews (HAZID, HAZOP/ SIL).
- Review deliverables from licensors, other disciplines, and suppliers during the execution of the project to ensure that process intent has been adequately incorporated into the facility design.
- Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required. EIT/PE registration preferred.
- Experience in process engineering with E&C and/or operating company.
- Work experience in LNG, gas processing, refining, petrochemical and/or polymer plant design or operations.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects with minimal technical oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation preferred.
- Oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports.