about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Umbilical and Controls Engineer to join their Central Engineering team based in their Aberdeen office.
Ou client are willing to accept applications from candidates on both a staff and contract basis.
The successful candidate will primarily provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, industry standards (including ISO 13628 Parts 5 and 6 and DNV-OS-F101 for example), design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice, to represent our client at a global level.
The UK Central Engineering team provides engineering capability to support all of our clients product lines both regionally and globally and is involved in detailed engineering and analysis work as well as focusing their expertise in conceptual, front end and option studies to meet the needs of many clients. The team interface with many other departments, both internally and externally, and this is critical to ensuring Central Engineering functions deliver efficiently and effectively. Those challenges and interfaces make it an excellent environment to develop individual expertise with many of our discipline managers and engineers involved in current development programmes and knowledge management and sharing is always promoted to ensure that lessons are learned and acted upon in our day to day engineering practices.
Our client take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades they have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world. This sustainability is only possible through the development and diversity of their people, assets and technology and are committed to the future in all these areas. Our client are committed to creating a diverse workforce and look to offer excellent career opportunities as well as providing wide range benefits.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Umbilical and Controls Engineer shall:
- Have an understanding of overall Subsea Control System architecture, including for the installation drivers and constraints for Umbilical and Production Control Systems.
- Understand the needs of clients; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which will include to review and / or generate Technical Specifications and Scopes of Work for Umbilicals (including thermoplastic, steel tube, dynamic and static) and Subsea Production Control Systems, provide engineering support to Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Be competent in the Technical Package Management of Umbilical and Production Control Suppliers, ensuring products are delivered to agreed technical specifications, on time and within budget.
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering and Project Engineering Groups (including for occasional periods of support offshore and / or on-site support at fabrication facilities for FATs, SITs and Pre-commissioning activities).
- Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Train / mentor more junior engineers.
- Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as per our clients HSE Role and Responsibility matrix.
- BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, although HNC/HND candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience of formal engineering and design control processes.
- Experienced in delivery of Topside and Subsea Control System equipment and Umbilical systems (including dynamic risers).
- A commitment to CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- Able to distil complex issues into concise instructions and specification.
- Candidates should understand Control System Architecture to component level to provide diagnostic support during offshore pre-commissioning.
- Able to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly (including for change control within own remit) and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of budget and / or schedule.
- Ability to travel offshore and overseas when required.
Ability to travel to Suppliers facilities for meetings, witness of testing etc and S7 Fabrication Sites as required for Project Support.