Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Iraq
accom, food, flights, medical, negotiable salary
over 2 years ago
ASAP - Subject to Work Permit
Provides operational support and direction in the management of all Gas field related activities. Assists in the develop and oversight of controls and developments of budget for the field Operations. Contributes as a member of the management team in the formulation of strategy and delivery of the company's objectives and the creation of a positive, unified culture. Reports to the Kurdistan General Manager, Operations and confers with the latters on critical and strategic issues particularly those related to project functions.
Works alongside key departmental Managers, assisting in the development and execution of yearly plans. Responsible for the development and execution of Operations and Maintenance Excellence into the Kurdistan Asset.
Set up a structured O&M Healthcheck process and roll out. Use this process to drive systematic performance improvements as measured by key performance indicators.
As the leader of the Operations Management Team, ensures the safety of personnel and integrity of the gas facilities by implementing and complying with the Operations Management System (OMS), Safety Management System (SMS).
Support the development and roll-out of a standardised computerised maintenance management system (SAP), and plan for and ensure the provision of adequate user training to the entire user population.
Strategy, Policy and Processes Compliance
- Manages the development and implementation of the assests operational strategy, standards, policies and processes for designing and executing projects in order to fulfill the company's requirements and growth objectives
Budget and Financial Control
- Assists in the development of the operational budget in order to ensure that all budget parameters have been considered.
- Manages delivery plans to the agreed budget/forecast and timescales to ensure economic service delivery performance across field activities.
- Reviews financial statements, production and marketing reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
Leadership, Training and Mentoring
- Assist with ensuring the effective achievement of Gas Plant departmental goals through the leadership of personnel - setting individual goals, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinate performance.
- Supports the continuous learning and development of the team by ensuring that necessary training is provided to them whether by coaching, mentoring or attending training courses
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering or equivalent discipline, preferably with Project Management qualifications. In-depth understanding of the Oil & Gas industry technical and commercial aspects
- 15+ Years work experience in upstream oil and gas business, in functions related to production engineering, maintenance and logistics, of which minimum 5 years in senior management position.
- International background and experienced at dealing with and managing multidisciplinary and multicultural work forces.
- Minimum 20 years' experience in the direction and management of hydrocarbon processing design and operations with minimum 10 years' experience in Manager-level position.
- Experience in LPG Recovery Plants and Upstream Well / Separation facilities highly desirable
- Fluency in English required, Arabic will be a distinct advantage.