Up to £100000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Talascend is currently seeking a Piping & Layout Department Head for a client in Germany.
About the client
The Client is an International Engineering, Procurement, and Construction company that provides total EPC solutions to Petrochemical, refining and pipeline sector. One of the top employers in Germany.
Designation: Head of Discipline - Piping & Layout
Type of Job: Permanent staff positions
The HOD is responsible for providing discipline specific supervision and guidance on all design, engineering and technical matters, monitoring project progress and ensuring compliance with established programs and procedures. Head of Department will be reporting to the Group Engineering Manager.
- Development and updating of Department standards and design guidelines
- Maintenance and expansion of engineering co-operations and partnerships
- Studies contract documentation and Scope of Work and nominates Engineers for project work.
- Allocates manpower resources to enable efficient effective engineering work to be completed within allocated manpower budget and to approved quality standards.
- Interfaces with the Drafting Office Coordinator to assess and allocate/recruit resources needed to carry out all necessary drafting.
- Undertakes audits of Engineering processes to examine effectiveness and makes recommendations for change where the need is identified, or advantage is to be gained.
- Revises discipline specific procedures and makes recommendations to examine effectiveness and makes recommendations for change where the need is identified, or advantage is to be gained.
- Undertakes activity to modify and upgrade the norms used in the estimation process to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of information to be used in preparing bids.
- Assesses discipline specific manpower requirements at the estimation stage for inclusion in project bids.
- Acts as the ultimate discipline specific technical/professional authority for the resolution of complex problems and to assist subordinate engineers in developing their professional capabilities.
- Identifies, assesses and makes recommendations on hardware and software needs for budget capital expenditure consideration.
- Identifies training needs and recommends training courses and development programmer to bridge these gaps.
- Keeps informed of developments in the field of Engineering and brings to notice those, which could be of benefit to the Company.
- Identification and implementation of improvements in work processes
- Planning, coordination and monitoring of all work and processes
- Compliance in accordance with HSE Standard.
- Manages all site work and team work and ensures that it is executed in a safe way and in accordance with the contract approved specifications, drawings, plan, and method statement/ procedures submitted to the consultant.
- Advises on tenders, project budgets, contracts and cost estimates.
- Engages in technical progress meetings with Consultant/ Client and reviews for any corrective actions
Personal Attributes / Position Skills:
- Must be a graduate in Engineering
- Must have many years of experience in Petrochemical & Oil&Gas sector
- Minimum 15 years of experience in engineering.
- Should be excellent in German & English
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary.