Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Bilingual Onshore Pipeline Construction Manager
Assigned to the Construction functional group to provide guidance and direction to one or more disciplines within project and Construction engineering groups. Responsible for the review of project plans and specifications for constructability, conformance to regulatory agency requirements and productivity improvement. Provides consultation and guidance to large and complex projects as required.
When assigned to the jobsite, candidate will act as Construction Manager and will be responsible for the organization and supervision of construction and related activities within the Pipeline Area, both pipelines: make- up water and concentrate. This includes the supervision of the Construction Camps, Right of Way mass earthworks, excavations and backfill, laydowns and warehousing, pipeline installation and pump stations.
Candidate will report to the Senior Project Site Manager. Will be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with Company Safety requirements and goals, design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational direction from the Site Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative guidance and operational supervision to construction engineers and others, as assigned.
- Contacts are with members of construction and project management, project engineers and field personnel as well as client representatives and functional departments to ensure construction discipline guidance and direction are provided to projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES- Field
- Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of company, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Establishes, coordinates and implements construction contractor schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for administration of assigned areas contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations.
- Monitors reports and correspondence and advises supervisor of existing or anticipated problem areas and may recommend appropriate action.
- Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
- Ensures that Company and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Incident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent in jobsite supervisory positions.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented. Establishes field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures, as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite.
- Knowledge Zero Accident Philosophy.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management.
- Knowledge of the Project Construction Environmental Control Plan.
- Knowledge is normally acquired through a recognised degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or specialized courses in construction management, and/or prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described before.